Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holiday Season is Almost Gone!?!?

Well, I've been overcome lately from multiple angles, and it seems I've finally come up for a breath. I've lost 3 skilled line cooks in the past 3 months (easy come, easy go), changed the menu last week, and damned if you look at the calander, it's December! I've not let it get the best of me. The food coming out of my kitchen is still delightful, if not improved. Tough times, but we are all moving ahead together.

We've added a daily Foie Gras preperation to the menu, and I'm along to my third variation, let me catch you up:

Seared Foie Gras over house made Wild Boar and Black Cherry Sausage, Carmalized Cippollini Onions, Curry Golden Carrot Puree, and Beet-Herb Reduction

then we currently have:

Seared Foie Gras with Duck Confit and Arugula Crepes, Apple Butter, Poached Cranberries, and Balsamic marinated Pears

next up in the comming few days will be:

Seared Foie Gras served with Potato Brioche, Swedish Glogg, wine soaked Raisans and Almonds, Candied Endive


This weeks specials are starting a day early to celebrate the abundance of customers. Here are this weeks offerings:

Soup: Mushroom Bisque with wild rice and a truffle-orange cream

Salad: Chef's Garden Heirloom Potato Salad with Bacon, Onion, Goat Cheese over baby Arugula and drizzled with Herb infused Maple Syrup

Entree: MonkFish and Lobster Cassoulette, Chef's Garden Vine Dried Beans cooked with lobster stock, Root Vegetables, and finished with Lamb Sausage, Lobster Meat, and Seared Monkfish

No comments: