Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Welcome to 2009

In the new year a fresh opportunity.

I’m moving on from my post at Nemo Grille. It’s a bitter sweet move as I’ve come to really appreciate what NG has to offer me. My next opportunity will be to open the Black River Café for dinner service. The Black River Café is in Oberlin, Ohio. The restaurant has been open for 10 years, and is enjoying great success serving breakfast and lunch. The BRC prides itself on it’s dedication to local purveyors and farmers, looking for organic and sustainable products as much as possible. This is something I’ve become more and more interested in and it will be a great opportunity to work for someone with the same aspirations. The idea is to keep things simple, affordable, and comforting. A menu is in the works. We hope to be fully open and operational for dinner by January 27.

No comments: