Thursday, January 28, 2010

A taste for egg salad

I spared these few farm fresh eggs from being cooked. That big brown one is the biggest egg I've ever seen in my life. It was busting out of the container.


Making hard boiled eggs is so simple at first glance, but finding a way to do it perfectly is a bit tricky. I've seen it done a lot of different ways, and this is what I've settled on; Start the eggs in cool water, bring to a hard boil for one minute. Turn the heat off and cover, let stand for 11 minutes. After 11 minutes bring back to a boil and immediatly shock in ice water once a boil is achieved. The result is a fully cooked yet moist egg that lacks that dredded blue yolk, and is easy to peel.



Oh, just perfect! Simple is best. I bought an egg slicer just for this task. Eggs, mayo, relish, salt and pepper is all I need to make a good egg salad sandwich.







1 comment:

Mom said...

next time add a little fresh dill, makes it wonderful.