Friday, January 08, 2010

Weekly Ideas

This was my contibutions to the weekly specials at Nemo Grille. I really like the flavor combination of braised lentils and truffled leeks, which we have done here and paired with citrus poached scallops and fried leeks.



I had an interesting idea while making mini-cheesecakes for a catering event....upside-down cheescake! Why not put the crust on the top? I had enough product left over to give it a try, and sure enough it worked out fairly well. I formed the crust into and up the sides of dome molds, dropped in a spoonful of blueberry preserves, and poured the cheesecake mix over it.


I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the final plate, but I did pair it with a blueberry pesto and balsamic syrup. Yes the pesto had basil and pine nuts in it. Something I've done in the past that worked well with goat cheese, and sure enough worked well here also.








No comments: