Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nam Prik


I've never claimed to have a sly hand when it comes to Asian cookery. When I do feel an itch to whip of something exotic I usually find a reliable recipie, and stick with what comes from common sense. Unfortunatly for me this past friday I forgot that little piece of paper with the Nam Prik recipie. On the upside, what I did produce was a very tasty condiment, and after finding the original recipie, well, my memory wasn't all that accurate. Let me share with you my bastardized Nam Prik recipie.
6 Jalapeno, charred, skin and seeds removed
1 each red and yellow bell peppers
1 cup worth of shallots
1 bunch cilantro
3 limes zest
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup Fish Sauce
1/4 cup roasted garlic oil
I rough chopped everything and pulsed it in the food processor leaving it just a bit chunky.
As you can see in the photo this sauce accompanied a raw vegetable summer roll.

No comments: