Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Iced Coffee


Wow, it's my new darling. I stumbled upon a recipie for cold brew coffee, simply 1/3 cup coffee grounds to 1 1/2 cups water stirred together and left for 24 hours. It's not hard to rig your drip coffee maker to filter this brew when it's done either. I'm liking to add just a little creamer, no sugar needed. It's been these moments of un-motivation that have lead me in this direction, I tested the waters a few days ago, and I can assure anyone who might be wondering, 16 shots of esspresso does little more than upset your stomach. This won't stop me from moderation with my new favorite, cold brewed java.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

One of my friends has raved about cold brewed coffee and swares it's so good (not bitter) that she won't drink anything but. I might have to try it one day. Great picture!

Michael Walsh said...

i was very suprised by the lack of bitterness in the cold brew coffee. I usually use fake sugar in the hot version, and sugar in the raw in esspresso. I wonder if the lack of bitterness coerlates to a lack of caffine?