Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to work


It’s like putting on and old pair of sneakers, or going home to your old bedroom, or like riding a bike, you just start peddling, and if you remember correctly you catch your balance and everything works out. This is how my first night back at Nemo went. We where rather busy with 68 reso’s to start, on a Thursday night. I man’ed up to the grill station, where you not only cook, but run the wheel, and for all intent and purpose, I killed’em dead, as good or better than ever before, because I think I have a better attitude than ever before.

As you might remember from my post a short 3 weeks ago, I was not all that happy with my role at Nemo. I spoke frankly with Bob, the chef/owner, and we came to an agreement. I am capable, and willing to run the kitchen, so it will be! The framework looks something like this, and I’m implementing this wording upon myself; take over the ordering, and don’t fuck it up! Take over the specials, and don’t fuck them up! Take over managing the staff, and don’t fuck it up!

It’s something of an interesting situation where you ask yourself....why is this man asking for more responsibility, why does he want to be expected to do more? I guess that is where I exceed, and others fall short. I"m not happy doing the bare minimum, the least work possible. I know what I’m capable of, and I want to do that to the best of my ability. For this I’m great full that Nemo brought me back on, and we are looking toward a prosperous future.

No comments: