By way of columbusfoodie.com I came across this little foodie puzzle of sorts. The most rewarding part for me was looking up a few of the items I had no clue what they were. Nearly 400 people have added links to the Very Good Taste blog in response to this. As you can see I've missed out on nearly 30 items on the list, and only roadkill is a no touch item for me.
Here’s what I want you to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Crossout any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
1. Venison2. Nettle tea 3. Huevos rancheros4. Steak tartare5. Crocodile6. Black pudding7. Cheese fondue 8. Carp9. Borscht 10. Baba ghanoush11. Calamari 12. Pho13. PB&J sandwich14. Aloo gobi15. Hot dog from a street cart16. Epoisses17. Black truffle18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes19. Steamed pork buns20. Pistachio ice cream21. Heirloom tomatoes22. Fresh wild berries23. Foie gras24. Rice and beans25. Brawn, or head cheese26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper27. Dulce de leche28. Oysters29. Baklava30. Bagna cauda31. Wasabi peas32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl 33. Salted lassi 34. Sauerkraut35. Root beer float36. Cognac with a fat cigar 37. Clotted cream tea 38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O39. Gumbo40. Oxtail 41. Curried goat42. Whole insects43. Phaal 44. Goat’s milk 45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more46. Fugu 47. Chicken tikka masala48. Eel49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut50. Sea urchin51. Prickly pear52. Umeboshi53. Abalone54. Paneer55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal56. Spaetzle57. Dirty gin martini58. Beer above 8% ABV 59. Poutine 60. Carob chips 61. S’mores62. Sweetbreads 63. Kaolin64. Currywurst 65. Durian66. Frogs’ legs67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake 68. Haggis 69. Fried plantain 70. Chitterlings, or andouillette 71. Gazpacho72. Caviar and blini73. Louche absinthe 74. Gjetost, or brunost75. Roadkill76. Baijiu 77. Hostess Fruit Pie78. Snail 79. Lapsang souchong 80. Bellini81. Tom yum82. Eggs Benedict83. Pocky 84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. 85. Kobe beef86. Hare87. Goulash88. Flowers 89. Horse90. Criollo chocolate 91. Spam92. Soft shell crab 93. Rose harissa 94. Catfish95. Mole poblano96. Bagel and lox97. Lobster Thermidor98. Polenta99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee100. Snake